As we are building the InfoPath on an existing list, we have to select a list on which we are going to build the InfoPath. So, I have selected the list named “TestListforDemo”. It is a custom SharePoint list. And the list already has two items.
And now we have the default form for its item insertion. Here is the fig of the current default new item creation form.
Now, we have already existing item on this list. We will create the InfoPath form on this list which will insert new data and can read and edit the existing data as well.
1. So, first open you InfoPath Designer 2013.
2. Now select “SharePoint List” as shown above.
3. After clicking the option, a new window will be opened.
4. Now provide the SP site url on which you have the list and click next.
5. So, a new window will appear, where select “Customize and existing SharePoint list” radio button as we are trying to create the InfoPath on existing SharePoint List.
6. As I am trying to create the InfoPath on “TestListForDemo” list, I have selected it.
7. And then click next button as shown in the figure.
8. Now a new window will be open with the InfoPath form designable mood.
9. A by default designed InfoPath form is built by the InfoPath Designer which you can edit as you like.
10. And in the right portion, these are the list columns which are already created in the list.
11. One important thing is, it is better to create the list column from the list instead of creating from inside of the InfoPath Designer.
12. Now edit the InfoPath form as I have removed the attachment field which is not needed for my business.
13. And I also have created the “Save” button which will save the data on the list.
14. After completing the development, we can easily publish the form from upper menu as shown in the figure above.
15. Now if you check in your list that the InfoPath is incorporated with your list and you can view and edit previous data and create new data also.